7. McCarty Glacier, Alaska. July, 1909 — August, 2004
A tidewater glacier, McCarty Glacier has retreated approximately 20km between the period of the pictures.
8. The Dasht River, Pakistan, August, 1999 — June, 2011.
The Dasht River is prone to flooding during the rainfall. Mirani Dam built across Dasht utilizes excess water by supplying clean drinking water and power in the surrounding areas. The water is also used for irrigation purpose.
9. Matterhorn Mountain August 1960 — August 2005.
The tenth highest mountain in Switzerland. Matterhorn with its Pyramid like peak has not proven immune to the ravages of human attention.
10. Mabira Forest, Uganda. November 2001 — January 2006.
There are no half measures when a man sets out on his mission. The rain forest protected by the government has actually increased in area. One good example of preservation that paid off handsomely.
11. Toboggan Glacier, Alaska. June 1909 — September 2000.
A glacier of ice, snow and lonely bare hillocks has become a big lake with green hillocks . The glacier has almost disappeared.