9 seasons, 208 episodes, and a whole lot of laughter and tears. It was quite the journey; one that saw us falling in love with the characters and their quirky little world. Love it or hate it, this show will always be one of the most successful (and constantly funny) sitcoms of the 2000’s. As a tribute to the show, we bring you 28 lesser-known facts about How I Met Your Mother that will make you go “Legen… wait for it… DARY!” Thanks to IMDB for making this list possible.
1. Barney Stinson was named after a heroin peddler in the James Ellroy book ‘LA Confidential’.
2. The two-part finale was the show’s most-watched but lowest rated episodes.
3. Chinese Checkers boards are featured as art on the walls of all the apartments the gang has lived in. In Ted and Marshal’s apartment, for example, it was by the bathroom wall.
4. All of Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie’s scenes as Ted’s future children were filmed during the first season to keep them the same age throughout the series. This includes a scene for the show’s eventual final episode that features the titular Mother which was filmed early in the second season.
5. Neil Patrick Harris is a trained magician in real life…
…just like his character (Barney) on the show.
6. The clock in Marshall and Ted’s apartment is always set at 4:20.
Some good ol’ Blaze it! humour from the producers there.
7. Most of the websites featured in the show such as www.canadiansexacts.org and www.stinsonbreastreduction.com are real websites.
www.lilyandmarshallselltheirstuff.com was created for charity and items from the show were auctioned off. The staff had created over 20 sites that tie in with the show.