8. On Venus, it snows metal galena and bismuthinite.
9. Stars have been discovered by NASA that are cool enough to touch.
10. Did you know that if the Sun were the size of a beach ball, Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and Earth would be the size of a pea?
11. A visible halo around the Sun or Moon means a storm is soon to come.
The halo that is visible on occasion around the Sun or Moon is caused by ice crystals from high cirrus clouds. There is an old saying that says “ring around the moon means rain soon” and there is truth to this as high cirrus clouds often proceed a storm.(source)
12. Most typical asteroids (such as Eros) contain precious metals worth more than $20trillion.
13. Earth can be seen as a pale blue dot in the picture below – 3.7 billion miles away.
This photograph was taken by Voyager 1 in 1990 at a distance of 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles) away. In the picture above, Earth is sized at a fraction of a pixel (0.12) against the vastness that is space. Even from within our own solar system, this picture provides some insight into how small we are in the cosmos. (source)