14. Marilyn Manson is a fan of Anton Lavey who is an honorary priest in the Church of Satan.
Manson is a great fan of Anton Lavey who established The Church of Satan. The Church of Satan is an international organization dedicated to the religion of LeVeyan Satanism. Manson also supports the writings of Aleister Crowley and Friedrich Nietzsche. Crowley was an English occultist and ceremonial magician, and he has been described as “the highest profile Satanist ever”. Manson has quoted Crowley throughout his autobiography.(source)
15. Once, Marilyn Manson wrote the word “F*ck” on his face to keep Paparazzi away.
Paparazzi likes to click unflattering images of celebrities in comfy clothes while they stand in line at the airport. Manson wanted to stand against such exploitation and that’s why he once painted the word “F*ck” across his face while he was standing in the security line at the airport. He then explained to the people standing there that the word was not directed at anyone. It was rather for the paparazzi so that they can’t sell any of his photo taken at the airport.(source)
16. Manson often wears two different color contact lenses in both eyes as an homage to David Bowie’s two different sized pupils.
David Bowie, a legendary English singer and songwriter, suffered from anisocoria due to which his pupils were of two different sizes. Due to this, it seemed that the color of both his eyes are different. As an homage to David Bowie, Manson often wears contact lenses of two different colors.(source)
17. Kölner Dom (Cologne Cathedral) in Germany once refused admittance of Manson due to his makeup.
In 2007, Manson visited Cologne for the opening night of his art exhibition, and he meant to visit the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom). But he was not allowed inside the cathedral due to his makeup.(source)
18. Once, in an interview, he has revealed that he only has sex with the lights off and his underwear around his ankles, as he has a phobia that house will catch fire.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Manson has revealed that he is shy and has a phobia that the house will catch fire and he doesn’t want to be naked. Therefore, he has sex only with the lights off and with his underwear around his ankle. He also states that he doesn’t like being intimate with people.(source)
19. Manson loved to drink absinthe so much that he has his own Swiss-made absinthe, named “Mansinthe”, and it contains 66% alcohol by volume.
Mansinthe, the absinthe label owned by Marilyn Manson, is described by some critics as “just plain”. But despite the mixed reviews, Mansinthe won a gold medal in 2008 World Spirits Competition held in San Francisco. Even though Manson loves drinking absinthe, he has stopped drinking absinthe since 2015.
The label of Mansinthe depicts an old man preparing to sip from a goblet of absinthe. This painting by Manson is called “When I Get Old”, which he used in his absinthe’s label.(source)
20. Manson has many strange collections at his home. He collects vintage metal lunch box and has a museum of medical prosthetics and fake body parts.
Manson’s strange collection is not limited to prosthetics and fake body parts. Once, he used to own a fetus in a jar which was given to him as a gift. He even smoked human bones.(source)
21. Manson is a big fan of video games, and he sometimes brings his game console Nintendo DS with him while traveling for tours. He even lent his voice to the character Edgar in the game “Area 51”.
Manson usually carries his portable game console, Nintendo DS, when he travels for tours. He also loves playing Mario Kart. A number of his songs are featured in the soundtrack of various video games. “Beautiful People” was featured in KickBeat, Brutal Legend, and WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth. “Arma-goddamn-motherf*ckin-geddon” is featured in Saints Row: The Third. Also, some parts of the game series Buzz! Used his music video of the song “Personal Jesus”.(source)
22. Manson has a heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome due to which he has a rapid heart rate. This condition occurs when there is an abnormal extra electrical pathway in the heart.
23. Marilyn Manson began his painting career as a watercolor painter in 1999. He used to make five–minute concepts and sold them to drug dealers.
Manson once stated that in the beginning of his painting career, he used to make five-minute concepts and sell them to drug dealers. Manson then started a self-proclaimed art movement named Celebration Corporation. The slogan for this movement is “We will sell our shadow to those who stand within it”.(source)
24. Manson supports various charitable organizations such as Music for Life and Little Kids Rock.
In 2002, he worked with Make-A-Wish Foundation and helped a fan in fulfilling his wish. He invited a 16-year-old fan with a life-threatening disease into his band’s recording studio to record the backing vocal for the album, The Golden Age of Grotesque. He also worked with the group Project Nightlight which encouraged children and teenagers to speak against physical and sexual abuse.(source)
25. Manson had been nominated four times for the Grammy Awards, but he had won none of them.
So far, four songs of Marilyn Manson have been nominated for Grammy Awards; “The Dope Show” in 1999, “Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes” in 2001, “mOBSCENE” in 2004, and “No Reflection” in 2013. But none of them won.(source)