Charlie Chaplin was paid $10,000 a week in 1915.
During the course of 1915, Chaplin became a cultural phenomenon. Shops were stocked with Chaplin merchandise, he was featured in cartoons and comic strips, and several songs were written about the star. As his Essanay contract came to an end, and fully aware of his popularity, Chaplin requested a $150,000 signing bonus from his next studio. He received several offers, including Universal, Fox, and Vitagraph, the best of which came from the Mutual Film Corporation at $10,000 a week.
But, Do you know how much that $10,000 of 1915 worth now?
Well according to inflation calculator, which is not accurate but gives you approximate value:
-what cost $10000 in 1915 would cost $223,620.77 now.
-which means $ 11,628,280.04 per year.
NOW TAKE A LOOK AT HIGHEST PAID CELEB’S IN 2012:
Top 10 Highest Paid Actors in 2012
- Tom Cruise: $75 million
- Leonardo DiCaprio: $37 million
- Adam Sandler: $37 million
- Dwayne Johnson: $36 million
- Ben Stiller: $33 million
- Sacha Baron Cohen: $30 million
- Johnny Depp: $30 million
- Will Smith: $30 million
- Mark Wahlberg: $27 million
- Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner: $26.5 million
Top 10 Highest Paid Actresses in 2012
- Kristen Stewart: $34.5 million
- Cameron Diaz: $34 million
- Sandra Bullock: $25 million
- Angelina Jolie: $20 million
- Charlize Theron: $18 million
- Julia Roberts: $16 million
- Sarah Jessica Parker: $15 million
- Meryl Streep: $12 million Kristen
- Wiig: $12 million
- Jennifer Aniston: $11 million
I hope you found that comparison Interesting, don’t forget to comment and share with your friends!
Why Is It Better Not To Wash Your Hair!!
SPIDERS Falling From The Sky!! This Amazing Sight Will Make Your Skin CRAWL