10 Facts that You Will Absolutely Regret Knowing
6 Kentucky Fried Chicken is accused of serving 16-day-old spoiled or rotten chicken. Employees revealed that they were told to just boil the spoiled chicken and later deep-fry it. Some people also were served a fried kidney and a chicken’s head.
Do you even know what’s cooking there in KFC? We all know that KFC is a famous restaurant chain that specializes in selling fried chicken. But KFC has been accused multiple times of selling spoiled and rotten chicken. The KHOU 11 News in Houston reported that KFC served spoiled chicken. A raw chicken was stored for 16 days in a box.
The chicken was rotten to the extent that a worker almost threw up. Employees admitted that they were told to serve spoiled chicken by boiling it and deep-frying it so nobody would notice. This act violates the KFC policy that the chicken when killed, should be served within ten days.
In 2012, an employee was forced to serve green chicken. When chicken gets spoiled, it turns green. In 2005, a tragedy happened, a seven-year-old girl got infected by eating salmonella-infected KFC Twister Wrap.
The girl got a blood infection, became brain-damaged, and suffered from septic shock. She is now severely physically disabled and wheel-chair bound. KFC is also accused of serving chickens’ heads and kidneys in 2013. (source)
7 Jelly beans are hard and shiny because they are plastered with shellac. Shellac is made from the female lac bug’s poop. Enjoy!
Have you ever wondered what makes jelly beans shiny and hard? Jelly beans are coated with shellac, which makes them shiny. Shellac is a paste. It is secreted by a female lac bug after she drinks the sap of trees.
In simple words, shellac is made from female lac bug poop. This bug lives in Thailand and India, where they scrape the bug’s dung from trees. It goes through a heating process and then cooled down.
Then, it is processed into flat sheets of dried shellac. If you are a vegetarian, then shellac can be bad news for you because it is an animal byproduct. (source)
8 Around 2,500 left-handed people die per year because of using products mainly designed for right-handers.
The studies show that left-handed people tend to live shorter than right-handed people. A recent study shows that more than 2,500 left-handed people die each year from using the equipment primarily designed for right-handers.
The researchers, Dr. Diane F. Halpern of California State University at San Bernardino, found that left-handers have more chances (7.9% to 1.5%) to die in car accidents.
The reason is left-handed people live in a world designed for right-handed people and have to face more perils in life. A new study shows that right-handed people’s average life span is 75 years, whereas left-handed people’s average lifespan is 66 years.
This study showed differences between men and women. Right-handed men live ten years more than left-handed people, and on the other side, right-handed women live five years longer than left-handed women. Dr. Halpern and Dr. Coren theorized that left-handed people face immune-system problems and underlying neurological problems, which seem to be more common in left-handed people. (1, 2)
9 The “smell of chlorine” in swimming pools is not actually from chlorine. This smell develops when a chemical is formed after urea, which is in urine (a.k.a pee) and chlorine gets mixed. Both substances chemically react together to form toxic compounds such as chloramine to cyanogen chloride.
The awful smell of chlorine coming from the swimming pool is not chlorine alone; it’s the mix of human body waste with chlorine-like urine. When chlorine gets mixed with urine, poop, sweat, and dirt from the human body, it forms a toxic chemical substance such as chloramine and cyanogen chloride.
It can cause severe health issues such as a runny nose, wheezing, coughing, or even asthma attacks. Swallowing even a small amount of water from a contaminated swimming pool can cause diarrhea.
A report published by the National Swimming Pool Foundation stated that your eyes get red and itchy or irritated, due to this toxic compound. Chlorine is added to the swimming pool to keep germs at bay, but due to the addition of urine, the chlorine depletes. If your eyes are turning red right after swimming, there is a possibility that someone might have peed in the pool. (source)
10 Research done by Dutch scientists states that a single ten-second kiss can share as many as “80 million bugs.”
A human’s mouth is home to more than 700 different types of bacteria. Some of the bacteria can be exchanged easily. According to Dutch scientists, when people kiss for even ten seconds, they can share as many as 80 million bacteria.
Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research developed a team to ask 21 couples a few questions about how frequently they kissed last year or when the last time they locked lips. Then scientists took the bacterial sample from the tongue and saliva of the couples.
One volunteer was asked to drink a probiotic drink that contains an easily identical mixture of bacteria. When the couple kissed for the second time, scientists were able to easily detect the rate of the bacteria transferred to the other partner. Prof Remco Kort stated that a “…French kiss can expose people to a large number of bacteria within a short period.” (source)
10 Powerful Weapons Throughout World History
10 Food-Related Tragedies that May Surprise You