13. On September 11, 2001, an album called Live Scenes from New York was released with the New York skyline and the Twin Towers burning in flames on its album cover. After 9/11, all the albums were recalled and re-released with a different album art.
The album art was based on the band’s previous album cover which showed a heart burning in flames, which they changed to an apple burning in flames with the city’s skyline on top (the apple referring to Big Apple, where the concert was recorded). Though the albums were recalled, there are still some copies of the old album that are now collectors’ items.(source)
14. Fourteen years before the sinking of Titanic, Morgan Robertson wrote a novel called “Futility, or the Wreak of the Titan”, which had a ship called “Titan” just like the Titanic, travelling on the same route at almost same speed, sinking after hitting an iceberg.
The ship Titan was 800 feet long and went at 25 knots, while the Titanic was 882 feet long and went at 22.5 knots. They both sank in the North Atlantic after hitting an iceberg. The similarities are so striking that, after the Titanic sank, the book was reissued with some changes.(source)
15. After filming ‘The Omen’ (1976), John Richardson, the set designer who designed the set where a character gets decapitated, met with similar fate when and he and his assistant Liz Moore had with an accident on Friday the 13th near a sign that read “Ommen, 66.6 km”. Moore was cut in half in the accident.
The set of the movie was believed to be cursed because of the number of spooky incidents that took place during and after filming. The set designer, John Richardson, designed a set for the movie in which one of the characters dies from decapitation after being in a freaky accident. Call it coincidence or an omen, the same thing happened when he was travelling in Holland with his assistant in August 1976.(source)
16. Mark Twain was born after the visit of Halley’s Comet in 1835 and he died the day after its return in 1910.
What’s even more bizarre is what he said a year before his death.
I came in with Halley’s Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don’t go out with Halley’s Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: ‘Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together’.
17. Two women, who were working in the same hospital, adopted by American families as children, had their DNA tested and found out that they were in fact sisters separated when they were very young.
When they were very young, Eun-Sook, now Meagan Hughes, was taken by her mother and her half-sister Pok-nam Shin, now Holly Hoyle O’Brien, was left with their alcoholic father. O’Brien was later sent to the orphanage after he died and was adopted by an American couple. Hughes also suffered the same fate after her mother died and was adopted by another American family 300 miles away from where O’Brien was staying. O’Brien was hired in a hospital in Sarasota, Florida, three months after which Hughes also started working there, when they met.(source)