10. In Siberia, there is a 35 million year-old asteroid crater that was created in the 1970’s which contains diamonds. The diamonds’ combined weight is estimated to be “trillions of carats”, and are valued At $1 quadrillion.
Russian scientists claim that in Siberia there are “trillions of carats” of diamonds buried underneath the crater formed by the asteroid Popigai Astroblem which fell to Earth in the 1970s. The crater stretches for 100 kilometers (60 miles). According to the scientists, those diamonds could satisfy the needs of the diamond market industry for the next 30,00 years, and are valued at $1 quadrillion. (Source)
9. There is a 15 year old Russian girl named Maryana Naumova who holds the record for the youngest girl in the world to bench 145 kg.
Russian teenage girl, Maryana Naumova, is the youngest girl in the world, at the age of 15 years, to bench press 320 pounds (145 kgs). Earlier, at the 2013 Arnold Classic, Maryana, then a 13-year old, started with a 220-pound lift, then followed up with a lift of 230-pounds before successfully pressing an astounding 240-pounds. (Source)
8. 25% of Russian males die before they reach 55 years of age because of their intense addiction to Vodka. This was confirmed by a study that was conducted on the drinking habits of 151,000 Russian men
In Russia, a research conducted on 151,000 Russian men and their drinking habits revealed that a quarter of the Russian male population that drinks more than three, half-liter bottles of vodka a week, die before reaching their mid-50s due to acute alcohol addiction. (Source)
7. There is a lake in Russia which is so radioactive that it can kill you within one hour of just standing near it. This lake was used to dump radioactive material in 1951.
Lake Karachay in the southern Ural mountains in central Russia is considered as the most polluted place in the world. This lake was used as a dumping ground for radioactive material in 1951 and in 1990. Just standing on the shore for an hour would give you a radiation dose of 600 roentgen, more than enough to kill you. (Source)
6. A Russian woman named Valentina Vassilyeva holds the Guinness World Record of giving birth to th e most babies: 69 infants.
Valentina Vassilyeva (1707-1782) holds the Guinness World Record for giving birth to the most infants, a whopping 69 babies! These include 27 confirmed multiple births: six pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. (Source)