11. This historic photograph of André the Giant, Ernie Ladd and others, was taken at the Olympic Auditorium Battle Royal in 1976.
12. While filming the Princess Bride, André the Giant would cover Robin Wright’s head with his large hand to keep her warm, when it got particularly chilly outside.
13. Have you seen this picture of André the Giant with a very young Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)? It’s absolutely adorable.
14. Following his death in 1993, André was one of the first wrestlers to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
His signature moves were the Sitdown Splash and the Double Underhook Suplex.(source)
15. After he was cremated, André The Giant’s remains weighed 17 pounds (nearly 8 kg).
He passed away on January 27, 1993, at the age of 46. The pro-wrestler had succumbed to heart failure. However, he lived well and lived large. To put it in his own words: “I have had good fortune. I am grateful for my life. If I were to die tomorrow, I know I have eaten more good food, drunk more beer and fine wine, had more friends and seen more of the world than most men ever will.“(source)